Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

This is Derek...


I am getting really excited now and can't really put into to words what it is I am about to venture out on. There is so much love and support going on around me that it is hard for me to actually keep the tears from flowing. Just yesterday, one of my cousins sent an email out to all of her friends telling them what we were setting out to do. She surprised me by sending it to me and as I was reading it at work among co-workers the tears were building up. She has supported us with all of our fundraisers and still wants to do more for us. I know there are many more out there that wish they could do more but can't. Don't think that...PRAY for us. There are times during the day that I have this feeling come over me and I can't help but think that someone is praying for our trip. It really does make you have warm fuzzies inside to know that someone cares enough to pray for your calling from God.


The main reason we are going is to show love to God's children. I can't wait to be around these kids. I have volunteered to be part of the recreation part of the bible school. We are planning on playing parachute games with them. We are also going to playing a lot of soccer with them I'm told. This is going to great!!!!

One of the things that we are doing is giving out care packages for the kids at the orphanage. They have various needed items put into them. One of the items for our sponsored kid is going to be this cross I painted and decorated. It is what we are going over there for...God and love.

Hopefully, when we get back all of you folks can hear what God has done with us and for us by getting the chance to go and love these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment